Header Ads

Floyd Mayweather and the UK music star are linked to an unexpected boxing match.

Floyd Mayweather


A lot of boxing events have been planned for or announced for 2024, but Floyd Mayweather and his exhibition fights are one of the few things that have remained silent. On the other hand, a well-known rapper from the United Kingdom says that he accepted an offer to compete in "The Best Ever."

Mayweather has participated in seven exhibitions since his last professional fight in 2017, six of which occurred in the previous three years. The 47-year-old has faced kickboxers, reality TV celebrities, and YouTubers in that time, and he has enjoyed thoroughly educating his opponents and exerting easy control over the fight.

But his most recent matchup with John Gotti III went south when the referee waved the fight off for excessive trash-talking and foul language, resulting in a major riot inside the ring. Mayweather says he still received pay for the three shows scheduled for 2023, but this incident seemed to put a hold on those preparations.

Rapper Bugzy Malone, who is based in Manchester, stated in an interview with Sky Sports that he has been in discussions with Mayweather and his group over a potential exhibition match and that he thinks he would have a "puncher's chance."

Floyd Mayweather is a name that has been batted around interestingly. That was something that was being discussed not too long ago, and I was curious about it because I got the impression that people are trying to put me in a box, and the names that are being mentioned make me think, "Meh, not sure I would."

I was like, "Do it, let's just flipping make that happen" the minute Floyd appeared before I even considered whether or not I would get smacked in the head.


The problem is, I believe they were referring to my ability to be heavier, and I simply reasoned that if I were heavier than everyone else, regardless of skill level, I would have a puncher's chance.

"His team yelled at me, and all I could say was yeah."

Malone, whose full name is Aaron Daniel Davies, began boxing at the age of 17. In a 2019 interview, he told Sport Bible that while he could have pursued a career in the sport, he believed that boxing had already fulfilled its objective of instilling discipline in him.

I believe that at the time, I required discipline since I was starting to get into some problems.

At one point in my life, I considered turning professional, primarily because my coach thought I could. It might not have been a goal in the traditional sense. But it makes sense when you're in a boxing gym with other professional boxers and that kind of environment. In the end, it fulfilled some sort of purpose for me.

Malone seems to be concentrating on his music for the time being, but if the chance to perform alongside the pound-for-pound great arises, he seems up to the challenge and even confident enough to pull off a surprise.
 
Powered by Blogger.